Mar 27 – Mar 28 all-day
Oral facial pain and TMD remain one of the most confusion topics in dentistry today. Adding to this problem are the discrepancies in diagnostic and treatment methods among the different educational groups. Join Dr.’s John Nosti and Eric Farmer for this two day hands on lecture with a full day dedicated to both diagnosis and treatment. A systematic approach that will give you the confidence to start treating patients Monday morning. This hands on program will increase your confidence in diagnosis and treatment options and therapies of specific TMD related conditions.
Participants will leave with a thorough understanding of:
- Diagnostic modalities for joint disorders
- Understand why some clicks hurt and some don’t.
- Classify patients by both pain categories and restorative needs.
- Rationales for splint designs.
- Understand what splint to use and where.
- Understand anatomy and physiology of the Temporomandibular Joint and muscles of mastication.
- How to identify and treat Trigger Points
- Modalities used to enhance your treatment protocol
- Common neuropathic pain disorders
- Hierarchy of pain
UO 1 and UO2
Call Pete for more information on this course!